CURRENT AFFAIRS – 2022
JANUARY – 01, 2022
Sahitya Academy award – Tamil
- Ambai has won this year’s Sahitya Akademi award.
- She has been awarded for her short story collection Sivappu Kazhutthudan Oru Patchaiparavai.
- Ambai is the fourth woman writer from Tamil Nadu to get the award.
- Her original name is C.S. Lakshmi.
- Tamil writer Mu Murugesh bagged the Bala Sahitya Puraskar for his collection of short stories.
- The name of the book is ‘Ammavukku Magal Sonna Ulagin Mudhal Kadhai’.
J&K real estate open to all
- The first-ever ‘J&K Real Estate Conference was held recently in Jammu.
- The Centre and the Jammu and Kashmir Union Territory governments have decided to throw open local real estate for “second homes and summer homes” to all the citizens of the country.
- Under the newly introduced Jammu and Kashmir Development Act, the term ‘being permanent resident of the State’ as a criterion has been ‘omitted’, paving the way for investors outside Jammu and Kashmir to invest in the Union Territory.
- As a result, any citizen of India can buy non-agriculture land in Jammu and Kashmir.
Extreme Cold Weather Clothing System
- The Défense Research and Development Organisation has handed over technology for indigenous Extreme Cold Weather Clothing System (ECWCS) to some Indian companies.
- The Extreme Cold Weather Clothing System is an ergonomically-designed modular, three-layered technical clothing system that can be used at various climatic conditions in extreme altitude combat operations.
- The BRICS New Development Bank (NDB) announced to add Egypt as its new member.
- Egypt is the fourth new member admitted into NDB, following Bangladesh, United Arab Emirates (UAE), and Uruguay.
- The inclusion of Egypt has further expanded the global outreach of the BRICS Bank.
Nagaland – disturbed area
- The central government declared the entire Nagaland as a “disturbed area” for six more months, under the AFSPA Act.
- This declaration will be in effect, starting from December 30, 2021.
- The government has also termed the state’s condition as “disturbed and dangerous”.
- This decision was taken days after the central government constituted a highlevel committee for examining the possibility of withdrawal of the controversial Armed Forces (Special Powers) Act from Nagaland.