CURRENT AFFAIRS – 2021
DECEMBER – 19, 2021
Tamil Nadu State song
- The Tamil Nadu Government declared the Tamil Thai Vaazhthu as the State song of Tamil Nadu.
- Everyone except the differently-abled should rise when the song is sung at educational institutions, government offices, and public functions.
All-India Mayor’s Conference
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi is to address and inaugurate an All-India Mayor’s Conference in Varanasi.
- The All-India Mayor’s Conference is being organized by the Department of Urban Development of Uttar Pradesh.
- The conference will witness the participation of the mayor’s from more than 100 cities.
Legal marriage age for women
- The Union Cabinet approved the proposal of increasing the marriage age for women from 18 years to 21 years.
- Currently, the minimum age of marriage for men is 21 while for women it is 18.
- The government will now look to introduce amendments to the Prohibition of Child Marriage Act of 2006, Special Marriage Act of 1954, and the Hindu Marriage Act of 1955 to bring the plan into action.
National Conclave on Natural Farming
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi addresses farmers during a session of the ‘National Conclave on Natural Farming’.
- The summit will focus on natural farming and provide information to farmers on its benefits.
- The three-day conclave is held in the Anand district of Gujarat.
10th death anniversary of Kim Jong II
- North Korea has banned its citizens from laughing, drinking, and going grocery shopping for 11 days starting from December 17, 2021.
- North Korean government authorities have ordered the citizens of the country to not show any signs of happiness.
- This is as part of the 10th death anniversary of former leader Kim Jong II.