CURRENT AFFAIRS – 2021
AUGUST – 29, 2021
‘Fit India App’ Service
- Union Sports Minister Anurag Thakur has launched a dedicated ‘mobile app’ service for the second anniversary of the ‘Fit India’ movement.
- Former Indian hockey player Major Dianchand’s birthday is celebrated on August 29 as National Sports Day.
Rail Mat Processor
- Rail MADAD Mobile Application for Desired Assistance During Travel has been launched to take immediate action on complaint and suggestions of train passengers
The Malabar Exercise
- Malabar began as a bilateral naval exercise between India and the U.S. in 1992.
- Navies of the four member nations of the Quadrilateral Security Dialogue, or the Quad (India, the United States, Japan, and Australia) are participating in the 25th edition of the Malabar Exercise.
- This began off the coast of Guam in the Pacific Ocean.
India and Philippines
- India and the Philippines conducted a naval exercise in the South China Sea recently.
- Indian Navy had deployed its guided missile destroyer INS Ranvijay and guided missile corvette INS Kora.
- The Philippine Navy has deployed its frigate BRP Antonio Luna, in the exercise.
Greater Male Connectivity Project
- Maldives government has officially signed an agreement with Mumbai-based company AFCONS, for the construction of the Greater Male Connectivity Project (GMCP).
- It involves the construction of a 6.74-km-long bridge and causeway link that will connect the Maldives capital Male with the neighbouring islands of Villingli, Gulhifalhu and Thilafushi.
Paralympic – Silver & Bronze
- India yogesh Katunia won silver in the discus throw event. In the final yogesh won silver with a distance of 44.38 m.
- Indias Vinod Kumar won a bronze medal in the F-52 men’s discus throw at the Paralympic Games with a new Asian record.