CURRENT AFFAIRS – 2021
APRIL – 30, 2021
- IIT Kharagpur (Kgp) has successfully commercialized its flagship healthcare product – COVIRAP.
- This novel diagnostic technology will be useful for infectious diseases including COVID-19 and beyond.
- The COVID-19 diagnostic test can be conducted directly from human swab samples in the portable device.
Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Ann Yojana
- The GOI recently announced that it will provide five kilo grams of free food grains under the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Ann Yojana till June 2021.
- The free food grains are being provided to around eighty crore beneficiaries under the National Food Security Act, 2013.
- PMGKAY was launched in March 2020 by the Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
- The Perseverance rover of Mars 2020 Mission of NASA recently converted carbon dioxide into oxygen.
- This is the first time this has been achieved in another planet.
- This was achieved by MOXIE (Mars Oxygen In-Situ Resource Utilization Experiment), an instrument placed in the front side of the rover. MOXIE is also called “Mechanical Tree”.
Oscars 2021 – First Asian woman
- Chloe Zhao is the first Asian woman and second woman ever to win best director at the Academy Awards.
- The Chinese-born Zhao not only directed Nomadland, but also wrote the screenplay and edited the film.
Ayushman Bharat Diwas – April 30
- Ayushman Bharat Scheme largest heah scheme in the world launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in April 2018.
- They are to promote health and wellness to the poor and also to provide insurance benefits to them.
- The theme for this year is “Keep your Health, Save Your Wealth”.