CURRENT AFFAIRS – 2021
APRIL – 3, 2021
Utkal Divas – April 01
- Under British rule, Odisha was part of the Bengal presidency, which consisted of the present-day Bihar, West Bengal, and Odisha.
- Utkal Divas or Utakala Dibasha is celebrated on April 1 every year to remember the formation of the Odisha state.
Investment Opportunities in India’s Healthcare Sector
- NITI Aayog released the report ‘Investment Opportunities in India’s Healthcare Sector’.
- The report outlines the range of investment opportunities in various segments of India’s healthcare sector, including hospitals, medical devices and equipment, health insurance, telemedicine, home healthcare and medical value travel.
- India’s healthcare industry has been growing at a Compound Annual Growth Rate of around 22% since 2016.
Guru Tegh Bahadur 400th Birth Anniversary
- He was executed in the city of Delhi on the orders of Mughal Emperor Aurangzeb after he refused to embrace Islam.
- He is famous to have made long journeys to places such as Kashmir and Assam in the country to preach the tenets of Guru Nanak.
- He is famously known for the protection he provided to the Sikhs and the Hindus against a 17th-century law that forced them to convert to Islam.
- Guru Tegh Bahadur Birth Anniversary is observed on April 1.