CURRENT AFFAIRS – 2021
APRIL – 2, 2021
Banana Festival in Kushinagar
- The Uttar Pradesh government organised a ‘Banana Festival’ in Kushinagar the participation of at least 35 farmers and entrepreneurs.
- The state government had in 2018 organised the One District One Product (ODOP) scheme to promote traditional enterprise.
- Products in the Kushinagar made from banana fibre were selected in the ODOP scheme.
Energy efficient towns
- Bihar is set to become India’s First State to have 2 Green Energy Efficient towns. The 2 towns are Rajgir & Bodh Gaya.
- To implement the project, the state government of Bihar will construct 500 MW solar energy plants at Lakhisarai & Bhagalpur
- The green energy supply required for running the towns will be developed and supplied by the Solar Energy Corporation of India (SECI).
Jail Radio project
- Jail Radio is an in-house production run by the inmates.
- The programmes are broadcast from a studio inside the premises and reach to the inmates through speakers in the barracks.
- “Tinka Tinka” foundation has launched ‘Jail Radio’ project in Haryana jails in collaboration with the State government.
2020 Human Rights Report
- The report contains a country-wise discussion of the state of human rights.
- It is submitted each year to the U.S. Congress released by the U.S. State Department
PERSONALITIES and AWARDS
Saraswati Samman 2020
- Saraswati Samman is recognised as the most prestigious and highest literary award in the country instituted by KK Birla Foundation in 1991.
- The Noted Marathi writer Dr Sharankumar Limbale will receive Saraswati Samman award 2020 for his book Sanatan.
- Sanatan is an important social and historical document of the Dalit struggle.
“Names of the Women” book
- A book titled “Names of the Women” was authored by Jeet Thayil talks about the women whose roles were suppressed, reduced, or erased in the Gospels.
- His Narcopolis book was shortlisted for the Man Booker Prize 2012 and won the DSC Prize for South Asian Literature.