CURRENT AFFAIRS – 2021
APRIL – 29, 2021
Global Energy Review report
- The International Energy Agency recently released the Global Energy Review report.
- According to the report, the Carbon Dioxide emissions in India is to be 1.4% higher than the levels recorded in 2019.
- The coal-fired power generation is to increase by three times higher than the increase in generation from the renewables.
- India has pledged to reduce the emission intensity of its GDP by 33% to 35% under Paris Agreement.
- Currently, the carbon dioxide emissions of India is 60% below the global average.
Ace Money Neobank
- Aceware FinTech Services launched Kerala’s first neobank called Ace Money Neobank.
- It has joined in partnership with YES Bank and ICICI Bank for this.
- Aceware is a Kerala-based fintech services company.
- The services of Ace Money Neobank are available at all the panchayats in Kerala.
- It is a kind of digital bank, entirely online instead of being present physically at a specific location.
- Chqbook (Chqbook.com) – India’s first Neobank for small business owners like kiranas, merchants, chemists, and others running proprietorships.
- FamPay – India’s first Neobank for teenagers.
- Finin – India’s first full-fledged consumer neobank.
World Assessment Report II
- The United Nations recently released the Second World Ocean Assessment report.
- It is the work of hundreds of scientists appointed by the members of United Nations from all over the world.
- It follows the initial report, “World Ocean Assessment I” published in 2015.