CURRENT AFFAIRS – 2022
JANUARY – 03, 2022
Bina – Panki Multiproduct pipeline project
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has inaugurated the 356 Km long Bina Refinery (Madhya Pradesh) – POL Terminal at Panki (Kanpur, UP) Multiproduct pipeline project.
- It will provide for safe and efficient evacuation of products from Bina Refinery.
- It also improves the availability of products in Eastern U.P, Central U.P., Northern Bihar, and Southern Uttarakhand.
- The defence minister Rajnath Singh has laid the foundation stone of the BrahMos Aerospace cruise missile manufacturing unit in Lucknow.
- He also laid the foundation of DRDO Defence Technology and Test Centre in Lucknow.
- BrahMos is a joint venture between the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) of India and the NPOM of Russia.
- BrahMos missile derives its name from the Brahmaputra river of India and the Moskva river of Russia.
BRICS Economic Bulletin 2021
- Reserve Bank of India has released the BRICS Economic Bulletin 2021.
- It was prepared by the BRICS Contingent Reserve Arrangement (CRA) Research Group with members from BRICS central banks.
- The CRA Research Group was set up to enhance the research, economic analysis, and surveillance capacity of the BRICS.
- The BRICS Economic Bulletin 2021 addresses the theme of ‘Navigating the Ongoing Pandemic: The BRICS Experience of Resilience and Recovery’, covering the economic recovery and its divergences, inflation risks, external sector performances, financial sector vulnerabilities, and other macroeconomic risks.
Textiles sector – Tax rate
- The Goods and Services Tax Council decided to defer the proposed hike in the tax rate for the textiles sector to 12 percent from 5 percent.
- It was to be implemented from January 1.
- The Status quo will be maintained for the GST rate for textiles as of now.
Internet Exchange Nodes – Uttar Pradesh
- Seven new Internet exchange nodes were launched in Uttar Pradesh by Union IT Ministry.
- The nodes will boost internet connectivity and the digital economy in the state.
- The internet exchange nodes will be located at Lucknow, Agra, Meerut, Kanpur, Prayagraj, Gorakhpur, and Varanasi.