CURRENT AFFAIRS – 2021
MARCH – 7, 2021
MGR Tradition Paddy Conservator Award 2021
- “Bharat Ratna Dr.M.G.R Traditional Rice variety conservator Award” would be conferred for supporting the traditional paddy variety growing farmers and to conserve traditional varieties.
- Prize was given to
- N.Sakthiprakash – Namakkal
- Central Water Commission (CWC) andS.Velmurugan – Salem
- U.Sivaraman – Sivagangai
Miss India 2020
- 23-years old Manasa Varanasi from Telangana was crowned the winner of Miss India 2020.
- Miss India 2019, Suman Ratan Singh Rao crowned her successor Manasa the Miss India 2020.
- She will represent India at the 70th Miss World pageant in December 2021.
Interim Director of CBI
- Praveen Sinha has been appointed in place of the incumbent chief RK Shukla, whose tenure came to an end on February 03, 2021 as the interim director of the Central Bureau of Investigation.
- He is a 1988-batch Gujarat cadre Indian Police Service officer.
Malaria Elimination Certificate – El Salvador
- El Salvador became the first country Central America to be awarded a certification of malaria elimination by the World Health Organization.
- Certification of malaria is granted by WHO when a country has proven that the chain of indigenous transmission has been interrupted notion wide for at least the previous three consecutive years.
First Platypus Sanctuary
- Australia is set to open the world’s first platypus sanctuary is to be setup in order to help the native species from going extinct.
- The duck-billed platypus, a species unique to Australia, is facing extinction due to bush fires and drought linked to the climate crisis.
- The facility will be build at Taronga’s Western Plains Zoo by 2022. The refuge will be the first of its kind around the world.
National Security Day – March 4
- In India, March 4 is celebrated as National Security Day (Rastriya Suraksha Diwas) every year, in the honour of the Indian Security Forces.
- The day aims to how gratitude to all the security forces, including policemen, para-military forces, commandos, guards, army officers and other persons involved in security.