CURRENT AFFAIRS – 2021
JULY – 25, 2021
The World Universities Summit
- The Summit was organized by O.P. Jindal Global University, located at Sonipat, Haryana.
- The theme of the summit was “Universities of the Future: Building Institutional Resilience, Social Responsibility and Community Impact”.
- The Vice President of India M. Venkaiah Naidu inaugurated and addressed this Summit as Chief Guest
- Its 11th meeting was recently held.
- It was 20th anniversary meet of MGC.
- The Foreign Minister of Cambodia co-chaired the meeting along with foreign minister of India.
- It was launched in the year 2000 with the aim of boosting cooperation in tourism, connectivity and culture and other range of areas.
- This initiative comprises of six countries.
- They are: India, Myanmar, Cambodia, Laos, Thailand and Vietnam
Cadet World Wrestling Championship 2021
- It was held in Budapest, Hungary.
- The India’s Young wrestlers Aman Gulia and Sagar Jaglan emerged as the new world champions.
- Kerala removes the age limit for transgenders in university admissions. o Kerala was the first State in India to have announced transgender educational coverage in the year 2015.
- The Cachar Deputy Commissioner, Keerthi Jalli received the National Silver SKOCH Award
- It is given for ‘Pushti Nirbhor’ (nutrition-dependent) a convergence project on transformation and development entailing setting up Nutri-gardens at houses in Dinnathpur Bagicha village.
- The village is near the India-Bangladesh border in the Katigorah circle of the Cachar district.
- Instituted in 2003, SKOCH Award salutes people, projects and institutions that go the extra mile to make India a better nation.
- 22nd July is organised as World Fragile X Awareness Day.
- On this day various landmarks and monuments are illuminated by various communities globally.