CURRENT AFFAIRS – 2021
AUGUST – 30, 2021
Dedicated website for Handling Electronic Waste – Chennai IIT Design
- In this context, IIT Chennai is designing a dedicated website called ‘e-Source’ for the effective handling of electronic waste.
- Holders of electronic waste and those who wish to purchase it can easily be contacted through that website.
- This makes it easier to recycle and reuse waste.
- Start-up Accelerators of MeitY for pRoduct Innovation, Development and growth (SAMRIDH) programme was launched by the Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MeitY).
“Shared Destiny 2021” – Defence Exercise
- Militaries of China, Mongolia, Thailand and Pakistan are set to take part in a multinational peacekeeping exercise called “Shared Destiny-2021”.
Sub-category of creamy layer – Haryana
- Two notifications were issued by the Haryana government sub-classifying backward classes solely on economic basis while fixing the criteria for creamy layer.
- Supreme Court has quashed the Haryana government’s notification.
- The apex court held that the Haryana’s notifications have violated the law declared in the Indra Sawhney judgment by identifying creamy layer only on the basis of income.
Sumit Antil wins gold javelin throw with new world record
- In the paralympic javelin throw F-64 category, Indian Sumit broke his previous record and won the gold medal with a new world record.
Silver for Kadunia in discus throw
- Yogesh Kadunia, who excelled in the qualifying round and advanced to the final, finished second in the final with a distance of 44.48meters.