National Digital Library of India
- Project was launched by Ministry of Human Resource and Development.
- This project was launched under the national Mission on Education through Information and Communication Technology.
- To develop framework of virtual Repository of learning resources with single window search facility.
DDCA-Feroz Shah Kotla renamed Arun Jaitley Stadium
- Feroz Shah Kotla Stadium is located in New Delhi
- Stadium renamed as Arun Jaitley Stadium in the memory of formal finance and Defence Minister of Union.
- DDCA stands for Delhi and district Cricket Association
TAMIL NADU AFFAIRS
T.N Education Dept. launches “Kalvi Tholaikkatchi”
- An exclusive 24-hour television channel has launched by Education Department of Tamil Nadu for the school students.
- Aimed at benefiting students of classes I to XII, Students can now learn from home.
- Interviews and motivational programs on joining civil services, Defence forces and banks would be aired by the television as a form of career guidance.
First Electric Bus in Chennai
- The first electric bus in Chennai has been flagged off by the Tamil Nadu chief minister.
- It is being operated on a trial basis from the central railway station to tiruvanmiyur, four trips a day.
- The fully air-conditioned bus has 32 seats.
- It has inbuilt features like GPS and fire detection and suppression system.
- It can be monitored remotely by transport officials.
RBI transfer 1.76 lakh crores to government from its surplus
- Recently RBI Board decided to transfer 1.76 lakh rupees to the central government
- The committee headed by the former Governor Bimal Jalan advice recommendations.
- The economic capital framework of RBI also revised.
- Suggest the quantum of surplus to the central government with 5years periodicity.
- It is set up under the The Reserve Bank of India Act 1934.
- It is a statutory and regulatory body.
- It has a power to regulate the bank from Banking Regulation Act.
G7 Summit 2019
- The G7 Summit concluded at Biarritz, Nouvelei Aquitaine in France on August 26 2019
- the next G7 Summit will have held at United States of America
- USA reinstate Russia as a permanent member of the group
- Also discuss about Amazon Forest Fire.
Group of Seven (G7) is an international intergovernmental economic organization
G7 comprising of Britain, Italy, Canada, France, Germany, Japan and United States of America
Since 1975, the group meets annually on summit site to discuss economic policies
Chandrayaan-2 scans Mitra crater
- Chandrayaan-2’s orbiter or mother spacecraft has scanned a crater on the moon named after 20th century’s acclaimed radio physicist Sisir Kumar Mitra.
- At 25 degrees Kelvin (minus 248 degrees Celsius), the northern polar region is believed to be one of the coldest spots in the solar system.
7th Community Radio Sammelan
- The Seventh Community Radio Sammelan will be held at New Delhi.
- It was organized by Ministry of Information & Broadcasting.
- It will witness participation of all operational Community Radio Stations across the country.
- This year’s Sammelan is ‘Community Radio for SDGs’.