CURRENT AFFAIRS – 2022
JANUARY – 30, 2022
Amit Shah unveils Mural of Mahatma Gandhi Made from ‘Kulhad’ Cups in Gujarat
- Home Minister Amit Shah unveiled a grand wall mural of Mahatma Gandhi made from 2,975 clay kulhads (earthen cups) at Sabarmati Riverfront in Ahmedabad on the 74th death anniversary of ‘Father of the Nation’.
- The event, which marked the 74th Martyrs’ Day, was also attended by Union MSME Minister Narayan Rane and Gujarat Chief Minister Bhupendra Patel.
- The mural, commissioned by the Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC), was put together by 75 potters brought to Ahmedabad from across the country.
- The mural, measuring 100 square meters, has been created by arranging kulhads on an aluminum sheet to form Mahatma Gandhi’s visage.
Govt allows Rajasthan, Andhra Pradesh to avail Rs 7,309 cr additional borrowing for power sector
- Finance Ministry has granted additional borrowing permission of 7,309 crore rupees to Rajasthan and Andhra Pradesh for undertaking the reforms in power sector.
- Finance Ministry said, Rajasthan has been allowed to borrow additional five thousand 186 crore rupees while Andhra Pradesh has been allowed to borrow additional two thousand 123 crore rupees.
- The objectives of the additional borrowing permissions are to improve the operational and economic efficiency of the sector and promote a sustained increase in paid electricity consumption.
Ola to Invest Over $100 Million to Set Up Engineering and Design Centre in UK
- Ola Electric said it will invest over USD 100 million (about Rs 750 crore) over the next five years and set up a global centre for advanced engineering and vehicle design in the UK.
- This centre – called the Ola Futurefoundry – will be based in Coventry, UK, and work in sync with the design and engineering teams based at Ola Campus in Bengaluru.
- It will house global talent across multiple disciplines of 2W and 4W vehicle design, advanced high-performance automotive engineering, digital and physical modeling and more.
IREDA and Goa Shipyard Ltd sign MoU for Rooftop Solar Power Projects
- Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency, IREDA in New Delhi signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Goa Shipyard Limited, GSL, to set-up a rooftop solar power project at GSL headquarter in Vasco da Gama, Goa.
- Under the MoU, IREDA will also extend its techno-commercial expertise to GSL for Environmental and Social due diligence of rooftop solar and other projects as per the international standards.
- These two companies are PSUs under the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy and Ministry of Defence, respectively.
Women’s Asia Cup Hockey: India beat China 2-0 to win Bronze medal
- Japan continued their impressive run at the 2022 Hockey Asia Cup as they thrashed the mighty South Koreans 4-2 at Muscat last night.
- •\India won bronze medal beating China 2-0 for third and fourth place play off. Sharmila Devi in the 13th minute and Gurjit Kaur in the 19th minute scored goals for India.