CURRENT AFFAIRS – 2021
NOVEMBER -01, 2021
Transport system – awards+
- Surat won the award for the city with the best public transport system.
- Delhi received the award for best metro passenger services.
- Kochi was judged the city with the most sustainable transport system.
- Nagpur’s multi-modal integration with Metro rail was found to be the best in the country.
- The awards were given out by Housing and Urban Affairs Minister Hardeep Singh Puri during the Urban Mobility India conference.
State Energy Efficiency Index 2020
- Karnataka has topped the State Energy Efficiency Index 2020 (SEEI).
- Rajasthan is in the second rank followed by Haryana in the third.
- Last year i.e in SEEI 2019 ranking, Rajasthan was on top.
- The State Energy Efficiency Index is released by the Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE) and the Alliance for an Energy-Efficient Economy (AEEE).
- The State Energy Efficiency Index (SEEI) 2020 was released under the Ministry of Power.
- Ashok Leyland reinforced its commitment towards the youth under the Jammu and Kashmir administration’s ‘Project Mumkin’.
- This is done by providing them with a fleet of 500 small commercial vehicles named ‘Dost’.
- The partnership between the company and the Jammu and Kashmir administration will encourage entrepreneurship among the youth.
Gati Shakti Express
- Indian Railway has introduced a special train (01684/01683) called Gati Shakti Express.
- This is to ease the extra rush of passengers during festive seasons like Diwali and Chhath Puja.
- The train will run between Delhi Anand Vihar Terminal – Patna Terminal.
- The special train comprises of 20 new 3 AC Economy coaches.
K V Kamath
- The government of India has appointed K V Kamath as chairperson of the National Bank for Financing Infrastructure and Development (NaBFID).
- He is a well-known banker in India and is the first head of the New Development Bank (NDB).
- NaBFID is a newly set up development financial institution (DFIs) in India.
- It has been set up for infrastructure financing as per the National Bank for Financing Infrastructure and Development (NaBFID) Act 2021.
- The headquarters of NaBFID is in Mumbai.
UN’s SDG Report 2021
- OP Jindal Global University released the first-of-its-kind Implementing the Sustainable Development Goals: Role of Universities and Civil Society in Protecting the Environment Report.
- This maps its compliance towards the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) set by the United Nations.
- Around 5 lakh singers sang popular Kannada songs at 1000 iconic tourist attractions in Karnataka.
- The event has been organized as part of the state government’s Kannada Rajyotsav celebrations.
- Kannada Rajyotsava or Karnataka Day or Karnataka Formation Day is celebrated on November 1 every year.
- In 1965, on this day, all the Kannada language-speaking regions of South India were merged to form the state of Karnataka