CURRENT AFFAIRS – 2021
AUGUST – 27, 2021
Global Manufacturing Risk Index
- India has emerged as a global manufacturing hub.
- It has effectively surpassed the United States to become the world’s second most desired manufacturing destination.
- The top position is retained by China.
- India’s ranking was reflected in Cushman & Wakefield’s 2021 Global Manufacturing Risk Index.
- The Ministry of Labour and Employment launched the E-Shram portal.
- E-Shram Portal will be the National Database of Unorganised workers (Shram Yogis).
- The portal will do the targeted identification of the unorganized workers.
- It will help take social security schemes to their doorstep.
- This move will integrate the Centre’s social security schemes.
- To Coordinate this, the Minsitry of Labor has introduced a toll free number 14434.
Wanchuwa Festival in Assam
- Tiwa tribesmen perform their traditional dance as they take part in Wanchuwa Festival in Assam.
- This festival is celebrated by Tiwa tribesmen to mark their good harvest.
- Tiwa is also known as Lalung is an indigenous community inhabiting the states of Assam and Meghalaya.
- They are recognized as a Scheduled tribe within the state of Assam.
- They practice Jhum or shifting cultivation.
Kalaignar Urban Development Scheme
- The Tamilnadu government will implement the Kalaignar Urban Development Scheme.
- The objective of the programme was to provide employment to urban poor, who had lost their jobs because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Through this, Infrastructure including community hall, markets, modern libraries will be created in municipalities and town panchayats.