CURRENT AFFAIRS – 2021
AUGUST – 11, 2021
- The union minister for Social Justice and Empowerment Dr Virendra Kumar has unveiled a portal and mobile application named ‘PM-DAKSH’.
- It aims to make the skill development schemes accessible to the target groups.
- The ‘PM-DAKSH’ stands for Pradhan Mantri Dakshta Aur Kushalta Sampann Hitgrahi (PM-DAKSH) Yojana.
Ujjwala – 2
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi is set to launch the second edition of the government’s free LPG connection scheme called Ujjwala.
- The Second edition of this scheme was launched from poll-bound Uttar Pradesh on Aug-10.
- First version of the scheme was launched in 2016 from Uttar Pradesh.
- Launch of Ujjwala – 2 scheme will be marked by handing over of one crore additional LPG connection by Prime Minister through video conferencing at Mahoba district in Uttar Pradesh.
Zayed Talwar Indian Navy and UAE Navy 2021:
- The Indian Navy and UAE Navy conducted the bilateral naval exercise ‘Zayed Talwar 2021’ off the coast of Abu Dhabi.
- The main objective of this naval exercise was to enhance interoperability and synergy between the two navies.
Water villas in Lakshadweep
- Maldives style water villas will soon be set up in Lakshadweep in a bid to attract tourists to scenic beauty in the Union Territory.
- This project is first of its kind in India.
Nagasaki day – August 09
- Japan commemorates the 9th of August every year as Nagasaki day. On August 9, 1945, the United States dropped an atomic bomb on Nagasaki, Japan.
- It was code-named “Fat Man”.
International Day of the World’s Indigenous Peoples
- It is also observed to recognize the achievements and contributions that indigenous people make to improve world issues such as environmental protection.