CURRENT AFFAIRS – 2021
APRIL – 9, 2021
Haryana New rules in Assembly
- The Haryana State Government recently added several new provisions to maintain the decorum of the State Assembly.
- According to the new rule, at least two ministers should be present at every sitting of the house.
- The members shall not tear off the documents in the House in protest.
- Another new rule states that timely action should be taken when the committees constituted by the Speaker of the Vidhan Sabha make recommendations.
National Policy for Rare Diseases
- Recently, the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has approved the National Rare Disease Policy 2021.
- Increase focus on indigenous research and local production of medicines.
- Lower the cost of treatment of rare diseases.
- Screen and detect rare diseases early at early stages, which will in turn help in their prevention
- The rare diseases recorded in India are
- primary immunodeficiency disorder
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Pompe disease
- Gaucher’s disease
- fabry disease
H-1B visa ban die out
- US President Joe Biden has not issued any notification to extend the ban on H1B visa was brought in by the Trump administration last year.
- The ban expired on March 31.
- It allows US companies to employ foreign workers that require theoretical or technical expertise.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
Quakes in Mars
- Nasa’s InSight lander has recorded over 500 quakes to date on Mars since November 2018.
- They originated in a region called Cerberus Fossae.
- These findings support the idea that the planet is seismically active. The two recent quakes of magnitude 3.3 and 3.1.
World Health Day April 07
- Health is not just about physical well-being but also about the mental and social aspects.
- The day is celebrated every year to recognize the widespread contributions of our medical faculty and the success of the World Health Organization.
- The theme for 2021 is Building a fairer, healthier world.