CURRENT AFFAIRS – 2021
APRIL – 11, 2021
- The Union Cabinet approves Production Linked Incentive (PLI) Scheme for White Goods (Air Conditioners and LED Lights).
- The scheme is expected to attract global investments, generate large scale employment opportunities and enhance exports substantially.
- The PLI Scheme for White Goods shall extend an incentive of 4% to 6% on incremental sales of goods manufactured in India for a period of five years to companies engaged in manufacturing of Air Conditioners and LED Lights.
- It was launched by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare in collaboration with the Ministry of Tribal Affairs. The Union Health and Family Welfare Minister recently launched the Tribal Health Collaborative called “Anamaya”.
- The main objective of the initiative is to enhance health and nutrition ecosystem of tribal communities in India.
Integrated Health Information system
- Union Minister of Health & Family Welfare, Dr Harsh Vardhan virtually launched the Integrated Health Information Platform (IHIP).
- It is an advanced version of the Integrated Disease Surveillance Programme (IDSP)
- With the launch, India became the 1st Country in the World to adopt an Advanced Digital Disease Surveillance System.
- It is also the World’s biggest online disease surveillance platform (in terms of Geographical coverage, number of diseases covered & quantum of data generated).
- National Centre for Disease Control (NCDC), World Health Organization (WHO) were associated with the development of the platform.
- The platform is in sync with the National Digital Health Mission and will help in achieving the dream of ‘Atma Nirbhar Swasth Bharat’.
- IHIP is capable of tracking 33 diseases & provides real-time data in digital mode. SC
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
Rapid diagnosis of dengue
- Researchers at the Indian Institute of Technology Delhi have developed a handheld Surface Enhanced Raman Spectroscopy (SERS)-based platform.
- This is helpful in early diagnosis of dengue. It also gives dengue test results within one hour (rapid diagnosis).
- The research work was funded by IMPRINT India programme of the Ministry of Education.