CURRENT AFFAIRS – 2021
APRIL – 10, 2021
Integrated Health Information Platform
- The Union Health Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan recently launched the Integrated Health Information Platform.
- The platform aims to provide better care and maintain confidential health data.
- The Integrated Health Information Platform was launched in 2004.
- The key features of the platform are real time data reporting through use of mobile applications, geo-tagging of health facilities, etc.
- According to the health ministry, India is the first country to adopt such an advanced surveillance system.
Forbes’ Annual Billionaire list
- The 35th edition Forbes World’s Billionaires list was released on April 06, 2021, comprising a record-breaking 2,755 billionaires.
- The Amazon.com Inc founder, Jeff Bezos has topped Forbes’ annual world’s billionaires list for the fourth consecutive year.
- India’s richest billionaire Mukesh Ambani ranked at 10th position with a total net worth of USD 84.5 billion.
- Spearheaded by the United Nations (UN), the E9 Partnership was first established in 1993.
- E9 Countries include Bangladesh, Brazil, China, Egypt, India, Indonesia, Mexico, Nigeria, and Pakistan.
- The Minister for Education (India) addressed the consultation meeting of Education Ministers of E9 countries.
- The meeting was on E9 initiative: Scaling up digital learning to accelerate progress towards Sustainable Development Goal 4 – Quality Education.
Turing Award 2020
- The Turing Award carries a $1 million prize, with financial support provided by Google, Inc.
- Alfred V. Aho has won the 2020 Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) A.M. Turing Award.