Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission has released the TNPSC Group IV Notification on 30 March 2022.
Tamil Nadu PSC has invites all the candidates for 7301 VAO, Junior Assistant, Bill Collector, Field Surveyor, Draftsman, Typist, Steno-Typist Post. Interested & Eligible candidates can apply for the TNPSC Group 4 Recruitment 2022 Application Form before the last date 28 April 2022 through online mode.
TNPSC Group 4 Exam 2022 – Overview
The TNPSC Group 4 Exam is conducted in offline mode, followed by document verification. The department or posts are assigned to the candidates on the basis of the merit list in the following services:
- Tamil Nadu Ministerial Service
- Tamil Nadu Survey and Land Records Subordinate Service
- Tamil Nadu Secretariat Service
- Tamil Nadu Judicial Ministerial Service
- Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly Secretariat Service
|Name of the Commission||Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission|
|Name of the Examination||Group 4 – Combined Civil Services Examination–IV (Group-IV Services & VAO)|
|Number of Vacancies||7301|
|Notification Release Date||30th March 2022|
|Name of the Post||Jr Assistant, VAO, Bill Collector Etc|
|Salary Range||Rs.16,600 – Rs.20,600 (Based on post)|
TNPSC Group 4 Vacancy 2022
There are a total of 7301 vacancies in the different posts that have been released by TNPSC in Group 4 services. Through the TNPSC Group 4 2022, the candidates are recruited for the following posts.
|Group IV Posts||Vacancy|
|Village Administrative Officer (VAO) Officer||274|
|Junior Assistant (Non–Security)||3590 + 3 C/F|
|Junior Assistant (Security)||88|
|Bill Collector Grade-I||50|
|Typist||2069 + 39 C/F|
|Steno-Typist (Grade–III)||885 + 139C/F|
|Store Keeper in Tamizhagam Guest House, Udhagamandalam||01|
|Junior Assistant in Tamil Nadu Urban Habitat Development Board||64|
|Junior Assistant in Tamil Nadu Housing Board||39* + 4 C/F|
|Bill Collector in Tamil Nadu Urban Habitat Development Board||49|
|Steno-Typist (Grade–III) in Tamil Nadu Urban Habitat Development Board||07|
TNPSC Group 4 Exam Date 2022
The exam dates of the TNPSC Group 4 2022 have been released in the annual recruitment planner of the TNPSC.
|TNPSC Group 4 (2022)||Date|
|TNPSC Group 4 Application Submission||March 30, 2022|
|TNPSC Group 4 Apply Last Date 2022||April 28, 2022|
|TNPSC Group 4 Hall Ticket 2022||July 14, 2022|
|TNPSC Group 4 Exam Date 2022||July 24, 2022|
|TNPSC Group 4 Result 2022||August 2022|
|TNPSC Group 4 Counselling||September 2022|
TNPSC Group 4 Education Qualification
There is different educational qualification requirements for VAO, typist, steno typist grade III, field officer, junior assistant and bill collector vacancies. Please find the details below:
- VAO Post: The candidate should have passed SSLC exam with the minimum marks that can grant admission to higher secondary courses.
- Junior Assistant (security), junior assistant (Non-security), Bill collector, Grade-I field officer, Draftsmen: The candidate should have passed SSLC exam with the minimum marks that can grant admission to higher secondary courses.
- Typist: The candidate should have passed SSLC exam with the minimum marks that can grant admission to higher secondary courses and the candidate should also have passed Govt Technical examination in typewriting.
- Steno-Typist (Grade – III): The candidate should have passed SSLC exam with the minimum marks that can grant admission to higher secondary courses. The candidate should also have passed Govt technical examination both in type writing and shorthand.
- Field Officer: for the recruitment to the post of field officer, other things being equal, preference should be given to the candidates who are trained in survey in industrial training institutes.
TNPSC Group 4 Exam Pattern
TNPSC Group 4 exam comprises of total 200 Objective type questions with a weightage of 300 marks. The total time duration of the TNPSC Group 4 exam will be 03 hours. The TNPSC Group 4 2022 exam will be conducted in offline mode. Candidates will be provided with OMR based answer sheet to mark their responses.
|Exam Type||Subjects||Part||No. of Questions||Marks||Minimum Qualifying Marks||Duration|
|Objective Type||Tamil Eligibility-cum-Scoring Test* (SSLC Standard)||A||100||150||90||3 Hours|
|General Studies (SSLC Standard)||B||75||150|
|Aptitude & Mental Ability Test (SSLC Standard)||25|
Note: Part B will be evaluated only if the candidate secures minimum qualifying marks of 40% (i.e., 60 Marks) in Part-A.
TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus
The TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus comprises of the topics from which questions will be asked in the Part A and Part B papers of the TNPSC Group 4 exam which is scheduled for 24th July 2022. The TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus comprises of topics from the following subjects.
- Tamil Eligibility-cum-Scoring Test
- General Studies
- Aptitude & Mental Ability Test
The level of the exam will be till SSLC with following sections:
- General Studies: This section would have 75 questions.
- Aptitude test: This section would have 25 questions.
- General Tamil/English: This section would have 100 questions.
- This in total there are 200 questions with a time duration of 3 hrs and total marks 300.
- The candidate is required to score at least 90 marks for qualifying.
- In the third section, the candidate would have the option to select either Tamil or English.
TNPSC Group 4 Age Limit
|Post||Minimum Age||Maximum Age Limit|
|Junior Assistant, Bill Collector, Typist, and Steno-Typist (Grade -III)|
|SCs, SC(A)s, STs, and Destitute Widows of all Castes||18 years||37 years|
|MBCs/DCs, BC(OBCM)s and BCMs||18 years||34 years|
|Others||18 years||32 years|
|Village Administrative Officer (VAO)|
|SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BC(OBCM)s, BCMs, and Destitute Widows of all Castes||21 years||42 years|
|Others||21 years||32 years|