CURRENT AFFAIRS – 2021
NOVEMBER – 29, 2021
Nasal spray for COVID-19
- ITC is developing a nasal spray for COVID-19 prevention for which it has initiated clinical trials.
- It is developed by scientists at ITC Life Sciences and Technology Centre (LSTC), Bengaluru.
- The company plans to market the nasal spray under the Savlon brand once it gets all the requisite regulatory approvals.
- The Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) for the Ministry of Science and Technology, Dr. Jitendra Singh inaugurated Project SWADESH.
- The project SWADESH is a first of its kind large-scale multimodal neuroimaging database designed specifically for the Indian population.
- The unique brain initiative has been developed by the DBT-National Brain Research Centre (DBT-NBRC), Gurgaon, Haryana.
Sagar Shakti Exercise
- The Sagar Shakti Exercise was held in the creek sector of the Kutch peninsula
- It was a four-day mega military exercise.
- During the exercise, the capability and readiness of India to confront any multidimensional security threat were elaborately tested.
2021 Global Nutrition Report
- This report estimates that about half of the global population is either underweight, overweight, or obese.
- The Global Nutrition Report is an independent survey conducted annually since 2013.
- The data show that a quarter of all deaths among adults are attributable to poor diet.
Collins Dictionary names ‘NFT’ as the Word of the Year 2021
- Collins Dictionary has named the term ‘NFT’ as the Word of the Year 2021.
- NFT is the acronym for “non-fungible token.
- As per Collins Dictionary, NFT is defined as “a unique digital certificate, registered in a blockchain, that is used to record the ownership of an asset such as an artwork or a collectible.”
Rosenbauer firefighting simulator
- The Kempegowda International Airport in Bengaluru has commissioned a tactical simulator from Austria-based company Rosenbauer International.
- It has become the first airport in South Asia to commission this.
- This is to strengthen its firefighting capabilities.
Meghalaya and World Food Program
- In a first in the northeast region, the Meghalaya government has signed an MoU with the United Nations World Food Programme.
- This is to streamline and strengthen the public distribution system in the state.
- The partnership will help the WFP authorities and the state government work together towards Sustainable Development Goal two – Zero Hunger.